In asset and equity transfer operations, business succession occupies a significant part of the attention of entrepreneurs who see themselves as candidates for successors. The prior assessment of business risks through legal due diligence contributes to the decision-making process, reduces uncertainties, and influences the strategic planning of the business.
What we do
- Audit and risk assessment in the acquisition and sale of companies;
- Corporate responsibilities;
- Tax, employment, and consumer risks;
- Compliance with the special rules of regulated sectors;
- Secondary due diligence (involving partners and other business connections with potential risk of succession liability;
- Health of assets, securities, or real estate;
- Industrial property and trademark law;
- Identification of circumstances that might compromise the proper fulfilment of the obligations taken on by the other negotiating party;
- Special due diligence dedicated to the formation of 'Isolated Establishments and Assets' (a legal solution in Brazil which allows for the separation of potentially profitable operations) in court-supervised reorganizations.
New Business and Startups
Corporate and M&A